More than 80 types of sheera recipes that exist in our rich cultural treasure Suji ka Halwa definitely top the list due to its deep flavor, texture and aroma.
Sooji Halwa or Rava Sheera is an absolute no brainer when it comes to kathas or poojas. Fairly unfussy to cook, this semolina recipe is an absolute delight to our taste buds. With my sooji ka halwa recipe you will definitely satisfy your sweet tooth without working too hard for it. Homemade sheera can give tough competition to best of the sweet dishes a run for their money.
If you are a new bride or always fret preparing sweet dishes, worry not! I have got you covered by this easy How to make sooji halwa recipe below. Go impress your in-laws with this step by step guide to heavenly sweet dish. Garnish it with almonds, cashews or basil/tulsi for added flavor.
Sooji Halwa Video Recipe and Text Recipe Below
Suji Halwa/Sheera Recipe
- 1 cup Sooji/Suji/Rava/Semolina
- 1 cup Ghee
- 1 cup Sugar
- 1.5 l Milk
- 1 tbsp green cardamom powder Elaichi powder
- 10-15 Raisin/Kismis
- 7-8 Almonds Thin sliced
- 7-8 Almonds Half Sliced and Roasted for Garnishing
- Heat the Ghee in a Kadai or pan. Add suji and roast on low heat till pink and fragrant.
- Heat milk in another vessel. Stir suji occasionally so it doesn’t stick to pan.
- When suji becomes pink and fragrant add Kismis, Thin sliced Almonds, cardamom powder and then hot milk.
- Let the milk burn and separates the ghee from suji on medium flame and stir it.
- Add sugar, mix it well and cook till it melts.
- Switch off heat and pour to serving bowl and garnish it with roasted sliced almonds.
Siddhi Panchal is a food blogger at CookingwithSiddhi and food aficionado who loves to cook. Her cooking skills cover a range of Indian and international cuisines. Her aim is to enable other food enthusiasts explore their love for food by helping them cook delectable dishes from India and around the world.